Java Girl has tagged me…! 🙂
I haven’t been around much of late; I am sooooo busy with lots of things in my life; I hardly have time to scratch myself.
I also have lots of ‘awards’ I’ve yet to respond to, so here is my opportunity to say a big THANK YOU to all those great people who have given me their friendship and love.
And, if you haven’t already, I suggest you get on over to Java Girl’s blog; it’s full of fun and interesting posts about life from all angles.
RULES OF THE GAME:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
11 Random facts about me:
1. It was my birthday yesterday and my gorgeous partner gave me a ‘Josh Groban’ CD and tickets to go to a concert to see him in April… Wow, I’m so excited…! I adore his music (and him).
2. I am one of the luckiest women in the world; ’cause I have the best partner in the world… 😉
3. We (my partner K and I) are gearing up for this year’s comps (ballroom). This means extra work for us, but boy oh boy we are loving it…!
4. My favourite thing to do is ‘kick back’ and relax (when that scarce moment arrives).
5. Life is becoming more and more busy the older I get. I used to think that as I aged I would become more sedentary. What a shock to the system it is to find the opposite is happening..! 😉
6. I’m glad that I love life; it would be so sad not to.
7. I can’t write 11 things about myself without including my gorgeous dog ‘Sweetie’.
She is such a sweetie. She brings great joy into my life with her cute little face, and her cute little ways.
8. I love to go for early morning walks. I generally take Sweetie with me. This morning we had one of our longer walks, which takes about an hour. The air was cool at 6am when we set off on this fine Autumn day. The evening had seen rain, and there was a slight mist as we set sail. By the time we returned the sun was peeking above the horizon, and Sweetie and I felt fine…! 😉
9. Yesterday saw me reaching for the stars. Tomorrow I will touch them…! 🙂
10. If ever there was something wonderful about life, it is right here in my own backyard. I have planted a number of shrubs and a tree recently. I have had such fun watching them grow. They are my new babies…!
11. Life gets better and better. Mind you; I do put in a lot of effort…! 😉 😉
Java Girl’s questions:
1. What is the best blogging advice you ever got? Enjoy yourself…
2. If surrounded by vicious animals in the jungle, what super power would you use to defend yourself? The cloak of invisibility…
3. If you won 100 million dollars, what charity would you donate to? The arts…
4. Who was your mentor growing up and why? I didn’t have one… Awwwww…
5. What other country would you have wanted to be born in? I honestly can’t answer this one… I love Australia, and am so happy to be an Aussie…
6. What news story really impacted you from last year? There is an Australian racehorse named ‘Black Caviar’ who is undefeated in 23 races as of February 2013—a success record not equaled for over 100 years. I am not a race goer, nor do I bet on anything however, this horse’s fantastic feats have brought joy into the lives of many as we listen to the ‘news of the world’.
7. Say you are a super hero of your choice, what favorite villain would you like to go up against? (Me: Godzilla!) The Hulk…!?!
8. Name a random act of kindness you did for someone the past month. I said sorry after I stood on K’s toes whilst dancing… ummmmmm.!
9. Name an invention you wished you invented. Electric cake mixers….! 😉
10. If you were forced to live in any movie, which one would it be and why? Fantasia, ’cause I love the music and the never ending variety…!
11. Tree house or hut to live in? Tree house. 🙂
My questions for my nominees:
1. If life was ‘just a bowl of cherries’… which fruit would you rather be..?
2. Who is your favourite singer?
3. Snow or Beach?
4. Did you have a favourite toy when growing up? Did it have a name? Did you take it with you everywhere you went?
5. What are your favourite things to do on weekends?
6. Did you have a hobby when you were a kid?
7. Are you a sporty type, or more the studious type? Maybe you are both…!
8. If you were in a raft in the middle of the ocean, who would you like for company?
9. Do you keep your birthday cards?
10. Is life what you expected as a child?
11. Do you have a pet?
And my nominees are:
The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
All these delightful people have awarded me with nominations of their gifts over the past (almost) 3 months. I want to say a big THANK YOU to each and everyone of you for your kindnesses to me, and to my blog. I am so very grateful to be in receipt of your thoughts and gifts. Thank You all; my little heart sings…! 🙂 xoxoxo
As for responding to this gift: No need, unless you truly have the energy and the time. The purpose of my gift to you is to bring you as much joy as you have brought to me.
I have been missing you, my dear friend! Whatever you have been busy with, I know you have been amazing!!
Haha… Rebecca. Thank You for your confidence in me…! 🙂
I know this year is to be a year of ‘many fingers in many pies’ for me, which I am enjoying immensely, though sadly it means I will have less time for fellowship with my blogging friends. However, I’m sure that life will give me ‘times for pleasure’ here in our virtual reality space of friendship…. Thank You for being such a wonderful individual…
So glad that we connected – and are on a journey together. Who knows what will be around the next corner….
Indeed, Rebecca… That’s one of the joys of life; the unexpected surprises..! 🙂
I love the way you have fun! And I love your graciousness. – Hugs!
And I love you, and your fun approach to life, too….! 🙂
What a cute new avatar..! I can see your ‘eye’, and it looks very good… 😉 😉
Luv!!! Lol!!! I’m up to one eye… 🙂 🙂
Hahahahahahahaha….. lol…. 🙂
That’s exactly what I thought…! It’s like a ‘slow reveal’…. I luv it..!
Just you stay as wonderfully creative as you are. You are tooooo cute for words… xoxoxo
LOL!!! Thank you darling Carolyn! xoxo. I appreciate that you’ve been busy. I’m starting a job in a minute and will be not around so much. If you get a moment, drop by! – Hugs!
I agree…time just flies when you have fun! Thanks much for the nomination 🙂
My deepest pleasure…! 😉
Please stop by occasionally … we miss you when you’re gone!! But I’m so glad you’re having fun! 🙂
Thank You, Kathy; that’s really sweet of you to say… 🙂
I wish it was ‘allllll’ fun, but no; sad to say there’s a lot of ‘work’ involved in my busy-ness..! However, I enjoy being mentally challenged too…! Keeps me ‘on my toes’… 🙂
Congratulations, Carolyn and thank you so very much! Xoxo
You are sooooo welcome…!
And the wonderful thing about this tag is that there is absolutely no obligation…
Ahhhhh…. Don’t you wish everything in life was that easy….!?! 😉
Wish you a belated happy birthday. Your 8th response to the question was indeed fun:) lol. act of kindness:) and the horses were indeed gorgeous
Thank You, Padmini…. I had a lovely day…!
Yes, a little bit of fun is an absolute necessity…. don’t you think…!?! 🙂
definitely:) enjoyed the same:)
thanks so much for the tag! “I hardly have time to scratch myself.” haha you’re too funny ^^
Sweetie is such a cutie… good luck on the ballroom comp and i hope too that i become more active as i age.. 🙂
Hahaha, kz… no scratching time, it’s true; and I know that my year is going to be a very busy one…! 😉
That’s the spirit…! Say ‘no’ to getting old ‘mentally’… After all; we are as young as our thoughts…! 😉
That was lovely! I just want to say thanks for participating in the tag game and that it was fun getting to know you better! YOU ARE A SENSATIONAL PERSON! Always remember that! Hope you’re having a great week!
It is I who needs to Thank You; that was indeed ‘such fun’…! 🙂
Okay, I’ll remember that I am ‘sensational’….! Wow; that’s a hard one to live up to; but I’ll try… 😉 You are too, too sweet… xoxoxo
you are a wonderful, warm and funny person 🙂
well, i call my muse fantasia i did not knew there is a movie by that name, will have to check it out 🙂
Sharmishtha, the Disney film ‘Fantasia’ is an animated series of stories set to the most beautiful music, from Tchaikovsky to Beethoven and Schubert…
Here is a little taste… Enjoy…!
thanks carolyn. i will try to watch the series too. i am a big big fan of disney animations or other movies by them.
Congratulations, Carolyn!You’ve certainly deserved !You have a wonderful soul
-With love maxima
And you, Maxima… Thank You so much for your kindnesses… xoxoxo
Good luck with the Comps Carol 😉
As for the rest – quite interesting facts – and even more interesting questions!!
Thank You, Ghia….. we’ll need all the luck we can get…! 🙂
And thanks so much for nominating my blog 🙂
You are very welcome….!
You are one prolific blogger. I wish I had half your energy…! 😉
🙂 🙂 🙂
That dog is a sweetie cutie!
Joe, she is the sweetest little dog ever to share her life with me. I adore her. And yes; she is spoilt rotten. 😉 😉
You are a special person!!! I’m so glad to have met you!! You give me, every day, a piece of your soul…THANKS!!!!!!!! A big kiss
Oh, you are so sweet…. Thank You very much; I adore your blog, and your special-ness…! 🙂
Happy (belayed) Birthday, Carolyn! Wow, Josh Groban is one of my favorites too and I think I can at another favorite: Sweetie, she is gorgious. It’s all in the name..huh 😉
Congratulations on your award and Thank You for nominating our blog. Pawkiss 😀
Thank You; I had a lovely birthday..! 😉
Sweetie is the cutest and sweetest little thing, indeed… But then, you know all about being smitten by a furry fwend…! 🙂
Congratulations Carolyn and welcome back! 🙂
LuAnn, Thank You….!
I was over at ‘your place’ last night…. Your writing is so good; I always feel as though I am on the journey with you…! 😉
Thanks so much Carolyn. I have always been my own worst critic, as I think many of us are. When I read others’ writing, such as yours, I feel I pale in comparison. I have to admit, reading the writing of others has helped me improve my own.
Sorry after a toe stepping. Wow that was kind! I only say it when I take out someone’s knees.
I know; I know….. I’m a softie. I’ll definitely have to ‘toughen up’… 😉
Okay…Carolyn, it feels rather amazing to talk to you after a long time…I am so very grateful for the nomination…
I responded late, (The reason being that I am a medical student, and I have some serious exams coming up) and I’m sorry for that…But it might take a liiiiittle time before I write the acceptance post.
🙂 Thanks a lot!
I do hope your exams go well; all the very best with them..!
Take all the time you need; first things first, as they say…. 🙂
That is so nice of you to say that….
Its a complete satisfaction!
I miss you and all the silly singing people in your videos! Come back Carolyn, the blogging world isn’t the same without you!
Okay, Yaz, I hear you…! 🙂
I’ll do my best…. honest I will…..! 😉
Congratulations! Wondered what had happened to you. 🙂
Thank You…. 🙂
Busy, busy and more busy….! Ah well; seems life throws us some curly ones every now and then…!
Here’s hoping you are well..!
Thank you, Carolyn, for the gift of enlightenment!
Hahaha, my dear Hook…. your comment is ‘uplifting’, as indeed, it always is… 😉
Glad you tagged WellCallMeCrazy – she needs something ELSE to think about than her latest irony post – that’s just disgusting, what she discovered all of a sudden in those inserts. Horror.
Indeed, Noeleen; a horrifying situation; to be sure…! Thankfully, she is now ‘aware’ and, I’m sure, will be very cautious. Our health (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) is so very important. It seems trite to even mention that…..!
That aside, I do hope that you enjoyed my tagging post… 😉 xoxoxo
So glad I found your blog. I do so enjoy the read. Thank you for tagging me. Thought I’d tag you back with a Liebster Award. http://mydailyminefield.com/2013/02/24/vielen-dank-fur-die-liebster-auszeichnung/
Haha…. Thank You.
I’m delighted that you ‘enjoy the read’, and delighted to receive your gift…. 🙂
Very Happy birthday and a great year to follow
Thank You so much… I had a lovely birthday.. 🙂
I have nominated you too 🙂
I loved your responses to all of the questions, and I love the image you shared with us. 😉
And, Thank You for nominating me; that is so sweet of you… 🙂
Wonderful, wonderful Carol… I love those horses … Wow, thery’re beautiful and huge too!
And belated Happy Happy Birthday to you my dear friend… K is really a sweet guy. You are both lucky to have each other!
Big hug and kisses for you 🙂 mmwahhhhh!
They are gorgeous, Dolly. I felt so small standing there beside them. 🙂
Indeed, we are, Dolly; very lucky to have each other. The more I know him, the more there is to love… 😉
And, mmwahhhhhh to you… 🙂 xoxoxo
go Carolyn! A well deserved award!
Thank You, Rose…. 🙂
What has happened to your avatar???
Congratulations, Carolyn. Loved the photo with the horses. I enjoyed reading your answers to all the questions. Great to hear from you. I love Josh Groban’s singing, too. Enjoy the concert!
Thank You, Lori… 😉
Here’s to Josh ….. Cheers…. 🙂
Well done … I love the photo of you with the Clydesdales.
Thank You, Jamie; it’s one of my favourites. We were holidaying in the state of Victoria, approx. 700 miles south of home. We visited ‘Sovereign Hill’ in Ballarat, which was an old gold mining town in the 1850s. They have faithfully depicted aspects of the old town complete with those wonderful horse drawn coaches. The picture really doesn’t do it justice. They have costumed characters and over 40 horses set on 25 acres of an original mining site with shops, hotels, a theatre, schools, factories, gold diggings and underground mines, one of which we ventured into… Quite scary really… but a lot of fun..! 🙂
Happy belated birthday, Carolyn! I hope it was wonderful. … Love your pictures and your answers to the questions. You have such a wonderful outlook, and it is nice to know even more about you.
Thank You, Maddie; it was wonderful..!
Now, on with ‘Josh Groban’… Yeah…! 🙂
I did it, after all, Carolyn.
Good for you, and what a great job you did…. xoxoxo 🙂
Yes, I love your photo with the horses and stage coach. I wish I would have been able to visit Ballarat. We were only in Melbourne for two days when we visited Australia. We did visit a mining museum in Tasmania, but no horses were there. Thanks for stopping by my post about Cowtown. The YouTube with the dancing girls, etc., was my attempt to make a movie from still photos. I’ve only done it once since.
I can’t believe that this is the only photo I’ve published from Melbourne. http://catherinesherman.wordpress.com/2010/01/12/a-year-ago/ It’s such a gorgeous city!
I love Tasmania, particularly Hobart, which is down the southernmost end.
Melbourne is probably my favourite city of all; I’ve always enjoyed my times there. You are certainly ‘on the money’ when you say it’s a gorgeous city; I think so too…! 🙂
That is a wonderful image you posted. Federation Square is very ‘different’, and I was in Rod Laver Arena in 2011 for the Australian Open… You bring back some lovely memories for me… 😉
Hi Carolyn! Congrats on your award! A belated happy birthday, and wow, what an awesome gift! Your partner rocks!
Thank You Jen, my birthday was fabulous, and I’m so looking forward to enjoying K’s gift…! He sure does rock..! I’m a lucky girl… 🙂
Happy belated birthday… and congrats to you! xx
Thank You… I had a wonderful birthday… 🙂
Can’t wait to see Josh… 😉