Ape (General) Reflection

Ape (General) Reflection  (Listen while you read)

shutterstock_148806170Ape400KletrChicken feed; hen’s teeth and chicken feed. What’s this you’re giving me?

Don’t you know it’s wrong, wrong, wrong? Don’t give me chicken feed.

Sometimes we allow others to say and do those things that can bring harm. Sometimes there is a need to tell others that this just won’t do.  A time to ‘speak up’.

(Yes indeedee; there comes a time when being quiet just does not make the world go round. Yes indeedee; sometimes, I say sometimes we need to take that bull by its horns and swing it in whatever direction is necessary to get our words out into the open.

And this is what the Ape personality tells us to do.

Quietly if necessary, or as loudly as needs be we need to ensure that our words do not get stuck in our throats. For, if they do they will cause us such pain and heartache, as indeed they must. Our words are the outer manifestation of what lies within. Can others know our thoughts? Can others guess our thoughts? Well sometimes indeed this can happen. However; for the most part our thoughts can only be known by expressing them. And what is wrong with expressing our thoughts? Why nothing is wrong with expressing our thoughts, providing we ensure that we are expressing our thoughts with the intention of letting others know how ‘we’ feel.

Many have a difficulty in doing this, do they not? Indeed. Some have a great difficulty expressing their innermost thoughts because they fear. And what do they fear? Many things do they fear. They fear rejection; they fear loneliness; they fear hostility; they fear mockery, embarrassment. They fear many things that may not be quite as obvious as we may think.

And so, may we say to those of you who have words stuck in your throats; do allow the words the freedom to exist. Is this not what you would like? Wouldn’t this make you feel more comfortable knowing that others understand you better? Indeed, we think that speaking up is a wonderful, if not essential thing to do. Don’t you?)

Carolyn Page  –  ABC of Spirit Talk

Image Credit: Kletr/Shutterstock.com

1. Thanks for this Carolyn. Timely for me. Just this morning I spoke out. Thanks for the affirmation.

• Wonderful, Don. I’ve been doing a bit of this myself. I’ve come to appreciate how debilitating it is not to.
      Here’s to progress..

2. I always need to be reminded of this… too much of a people-pleasing peace-maker at times, if you know what I mean xx

3. An ape is surely a bold animal and I think you have matched us humans to him nicely. Especially the alpha male who controls the whole family.

4. Interesting …. I do need to speak up! Who do I need to speak out to? Me! Everyone else seems to hear me just fine. Well, it still requires taking the bull by the horns!
    Thank you, Carolyn! xoxoxo

• I’m beginning to feel a little concerned for this bull. Oh, what the heck; let’s throw the little beggar about a bit. Doesn’t matter who we throw him at, as long as it’s just and needed, let’s do it – just remember to duck..!!! :D
      xoxoxo

5. Very interesting post, Carolyn.

6. loved the character!

Love to hear from you...!

Uzair Ahmad

Me, Myself, Us

Köhn Photography

everyday photography

Pride in Photos

Photography.Inspiration.Design.

advocatemmmohan aksharaalu

A great WordPress.com site

Living with a damaged skull

Sriram Janak - Photography

Cast Light

In the moment, everyday

mysuccessisyoursuccess

Just another WordPress.com site

Teacher as Transformer

Education, Leadership, Life, and Transformation

Lori Lipsky | Poetry Patio

Poetry for the rest of us

Kitty Bloger

Just another site about cats

waldotomosky

Old Books, Old Artists and Other Interesting People

Manningtree Archive

A great site for Movies, Stage, Music, Literature…… of yesteryears

the hungry mum

Mum + food + writing = this blog

sharechair

Everyday Technology for Everyday Folks

JavaGirl's Life

My life in 2014

Miss Marzipan

ventures forth into the realms of all things DIY

angelswhisper2011

Me and my Granny

Dare boldly

a blog by Louise Gallagher

Marsha Lee

Streaming Thoughts

Striking Photography by Bo blog

Life and Fine Art Photography In Boulder County Colorado

Graffiti Lux and Murals

Luxuriating in Ephemeral Art

Catherine Sherman

Features, News, Photos, Thoughts, Anything I think You should Know!

Sharen Raphael's Blog

All my thoughts in written words!

Le Drake Noir

Andrikken

johnandmargaret1607

A great WordPress.com site

Poetic Parfait

Good poetry is like a dessert you just can't put down

La Audacia de Aquiles

El Mundo Visible es Sólo un Pretexto

Wiley's Wisdom

Joy: From the Ground Up

Through Harold's Lens

Harold Green Photography

Dear Kitty. Some blog

On animals, peace and war, science, social justice, women's issues, arts, and much more

My Three Moggies

The website about the everyday lives of Archie, Oscar and Henry…

Oyia Brown

A WordPress site to give you a smile

Maxima

Electronic thoughts Follow me and enjoy !

Live & Learn

David Kanigan

Simple & Interesting.

amazing places,quotes,music and more.

I Shoot I Zoom Some Sassy Shots

Artistry In Pictures And Artistry In Poetry

Russel Ray Photos

Life from Southern California, mostly San Diego County

joe2poetry

Poetry from a Dublin Scientist

Sharmishtha Basu

paintings, poems and thoughts

Just Fletcher

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus

Scott Marshall Photography (@skm1963)

developing my photography in Moray & the Scottish Highlands

silentlyheardonce

Just another WordPress.com site

The Long Way Home

My Journey To Acceptance And Freedom

allaboutlemon-All Around, In, And Out Of My Own Universe

Greed is an ugly default... Sharing is Caring

You've Been Hooked!

Observations from the trenches....